Tell me this isn’t true.
“I’ve heard it said that if you do the things that made you successful as a Captain when you’re a Major, you’ll distinguish yourself as the best Captain in your unit.”Company-Grade to Field-Grade: Introducing “Making the Switch” | by CoCMD & PLT LDR | Leadership Counts! | Apr, 2021 | Medium
What are the things that junior officers should be doing as they get ready to make the switch to field grade officer?
I’m looking for answers to the following questions.
For current (or retired) field grade officers:
- What do you wish you knew before becoming a field-grade officer?
- What skills do you wish you developed before becoming a field-grade-officer?
For current junior officers:
- What do you want to know about becoming a field-grade officer?
- What perplexes you about making the switch?
- What rumors do you want confirmed/squashed?
- What do you expect from field-grade officers that is different from company-grade officers?
I love this topic and I think there is a lot we can learn here. I’m looking for help. Please contact me if you have insight or would like to contribute.